On Thursday, March 12th, the Riverside County Public Health Officer issued an order restricting public gatherings in an effort to contain the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). As a result, The Street Fair will be canceled through April 30th.
According to the county order, all events with an expected attendance of 250 or more people are canceled through the end of April, regardless of venue. The order does not apply to courts, K-12 schools, public transportation, airports, stores or congregate living facilities.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (www.cdc.gov) recommends the following steps to protect yourself and others:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after you have been in a public place or after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Put distance between yourself and other people if COVID-19 is spreading in your community. This is especially important for the elderly and those who are immune compromised and are at higher risk of getting sick.
- Stay home if you are sick, except to get medical care.
These are challenging times and we appreciate your efforts to limit the spread of the virus and safeguard our community.
We look forward to welcoming you back to The Street Fair soon.